Monday, July 6, 2009

Papa Turns 90

Tomorrow my grandfather turns 90.



Wow- that is hard to believe. He does not look or act like he is 90. He still does all of his own yard work and works on various projects. Every time any of us call over to talk to him my grandmother has to go and find him. He gets less done these days than he did in his 20s but he still stays just as busy. I hope I have the same amount of energy that he has at 90.

My Papa has always been the person I turn to when I have a problem, especially if it is car or house related. He is always the one that pulled our cars out of the snow, fixed our flats and our fences. He has built (or at least fixed) all of our decks and patios. He was the one to walk all of us (daughters and granddaughters) down the aisle.

He fought proudly in WWII, Korea and Vietnam. He has helped me teach my daughter what it means to be an American.

So happy 90th Papa, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment